Current Employee Information
When to Work (Login required)
WebBasis (Login required)
UA Sharepoint (Login required)
UREC New Student Employee Orientations
This course is for UREC student/hourly employees only. This class must be taken within 30 days after starting employment with UREC. This orientation class will offer new student employees basic employment training regarding UREC policies and procedures.
UREC student employees are responsible for registering themselves online at https://urecmembers.uark.edu/. Log on using your UARK user name and password. Select the appropriate semester and
click on the “UREC Employees” classes.
You may also register at the UREC Main Office in HPER 225, or by calling 479-575-4646. Participants who need to cancel their registration are asked to do so as soon as they are aware of a conflict, so that the space is available for others to register. UREC student-employees who fail to show up to a class for which they are registered will be subject to the UREC student employee discipline policy guidelines
If you have questions regarding New Employee Orientation, email email@example.com.
All University Recreation employees must complete the following modules within 30 days of hiring. These courses fulfill University of Arkansas and University Recreation requirements.
Complete online training "GHS for Hazard Communications" at Environmental Health and Safety: http://ehs.uark.edu
- Access by logging in with UARK credentials, click on Safety Training, scroll down to locate "GHS for Hazard Communication," view presentation and take quiz.
- Submit a screenshot of successful completion to urecHR@uark.edu
Employees must log into http://learn.uark.edu and select University Recreation under the Organizations tab to review and complete the following:
- Read the UREC Student Employee Manual 2016-2017
- Review the UREC Student Employee Training Powerpoint
- Complete the UREC Employee Quiz
If you have questions regarding new employee requirements, contact UREC HR at urecHR@uark.edu or 479-575-7043.
UREC Student Employee CPR Classes
University Recreation provides employees a free class for First Aid, CPR, and AED
certifications. If you already have a certification, you will need to give a copy
of your certificate to your supervisor. If you do not have a certification, or are
about to expire, UREC provides classes specifically for employees throughout the semester.
There will not be any challenge courses offered during the 2017-2018 academic year.
UREC student employees are responsible for registering themselves online at https://urecmembers.uark.edu/. Due to the courses being Blended Learning, registration closes ONE WEEK before the class date. This will allow ample time to complete the required online portion.
Offering dates are as follows:
All courses are on Sundays and run from 3:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. in HPER classroom 103.
You can also stop by the UREC Main Office in HPER 225 or register over the phone by calling 479-575-4646. Please specify that you are a UREC employee when you register.
If you have questions regarding your CPR certifications, contact Jeana Carow at firstname.lastname@example.org or 479-575-3495.
UREC All Staff Training
University holds an annual All Staff Training prior to the start of the academic year. This training is typically held during the week or weekend prior to the first day of class. Topics covered in training vary from year to year, but will provide risk management training, introduce new policy or procedure, and an update on what to expect from University Recreation for the upcoming year.
UREC Student Advisory Council
The UREC Student Advisory Council contributes to the growth and development of University Recreation through leadership, representation, service, and advisement initiatives.
Strategic Vision and Action Steps
- Elected officers and designated student representatives will attend UREC staff meetings at least once a quarter to share ideas and discuss issues pertinent to the student staff
- Serve as a liaison to professional staff as representatives of the student staff
- Prepare a budget for the funds set aside to promote the advisory council
- Create/revise the advisory council manual for future members to follow (update annually)
- Organize and coordinate the end of the year staff appreciation event
- Develop and implement scheduled opportunities for team building and training for UREC employees to help bridge the gap between program areas
- Lead “mini-sessions” to discuss current trends and topics in the field of campus recreation
- Oversee at least two service projects per year, with a focus on the U of A community at large and UREC engagement as a whole
- Conduct surveys and hold open forums for U of A students to participate in and provide their thoughts and opinions on UREC
If you have questions regarding the Student Advisory Council, contact Abby Blumberg at email@example.com.