Current Employee Information
When to Work (Login required)
WebBasis (Login required)
UA Sharepoint (Login required)
UREC New Student Employee Orientations
This course is for UREC student/hourly employees only. This class should be taken within 30 days after starting employment with UREC. This orientation class will offer new student employees basic employment training regarding UREC policies and procedures.
UREC student employees are responsible for registering themselves online at https://urecmembers.uark.edu/. Log on using your UARK user name and password. Select the appropriate semester and
click on the “UREC Employees” classes.
You may also register at the UREC Main Office in HPER 225, or by calling 479-575-4646. Participants who need to cancel their registration are asked to do so as soon as they are aware of a conflict, so that the space is available for others to register. UREC student-employees who fail to show up to a class for which they are registered will be subject to the UREC student employee discipline policy guidelines
If you have questions regarding New Employee Orientation, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
UREC Student Employee CPR Classes
University Recreation provides employees a free class for First Aid, CPR, and AED
certifications. If you already have a certification, you will need to give a copy
of your certificate to your supervisor. If you do not have a certification, or are
about to expire, UREC provides classes specifically for employees throughout the semester.
Red Cross CPR certifications are valid for 2 years. If your certification has not yet expired, or if it has expired very recently (within a few months) and you are able to show proof of your certification date, you are eligible to sign up for the challenge course. If you have never been Red Cross certified before, or have been expired for more than a few months, you will need to register for the full course. The full course runs approximately 3 hours.
If you have questions regarding your CPR certifications, contact the UREC Main Office at 479-575-4646.
UREC Student Advisory Council
The UREC Student Advisory Council contributes to the growth and development of University Recreation through leadership, representation, service, and advisement initiatives.
Strategic Vision and Action Steps
- Elected officers and designated student representatives will attend UREC staff meetings at least once a quarter to share ideas and discuss issues pertinent to the student staff
- Serve as a liaison to professional staff as representatives of the student staff
- Prepare a budget for the funds set aside to promote the advisory council
- Create/revise the advisory council manual for future members to follow (update annually)
- Organize and coordinate the end of the year staff appreciation event
- Develop and implement scheduled opportunities for team building and training for UREC employees to help bridge the gap between program areas
- Lead “mini-sessions” to discuss current trends and topics in the field of campus recreation
- Oversee at least two service projects per year, with a focus on the U of A community at large and UREC engagement as a whole
- Conduct surveys and hold open forums for U of A students to participate in and provide their thoughts and opinions on UREC
If you have questions regarding the Student Advisory Council, contact Becky Dahl at email@example.com.