Impact and Outcomes
UREC Mission Statement
The mission of University Recreation is to empower students for success through recreation and wellness.
Inclusion: We are dedicated to offering a place and space for all.
Community: We offer opportunities to build connections through shared experiences.
Well-being: We encourage developing a healthy body and mind.
Excellence: We challenge ourselves and others to pursue excellence through work and play.
The following image shows the positive correlation found between the 2017-2018 freshman's UREC usage and their success. The findings indicated that students who used UREC more frequently also had higher levels of these success measures.
UREC Department Goals
Building upon University Recreation's mission and the university's guiding priorities, UREC has established five holistic departmental goals:
- Demonstrate the value of collegiate recreation
- Provide quality facilities and programs
- Cultivate meaningful campus partnerships
- Be responsible stewards of departmental resources
- Enrich student development opportunities