Impact and Outcomes
UREC Mission Statement
The mission of University Recreation is to empower students for success through recreation and wellness.
The following images show the positive correlation found between the 2017-2018 freshman's UREC usage and their success.
UREC looked at participation frequency and various success measures including grade point average (GPA) and fall-to-fall re-enrollment of the 2017-2018 freshman cohort. The findings indicated that students who used UREC more frequently also had higher levels of these success measures.
UREC Department Goals
Building upon University Recreation's mission and the university's guiding priorities, UREC has established five holistic departmental goals:
- Demonstrate the value of collegiate recreation
- Provide quality facilities and programs
- Cultivate meaningful campus partnerships
- Be responsible stewards of departmental resources
- Enrich student development opportunities