The mission of University Recreation is to empower students for success through recreation and wellness.
Announcements + Closures
WE NEED YOUR HELP:
We need your help with next iteration of our website. Please help us by taking a short survey.
- Online group fitness classes will be offered through July 31st via Zoom. For the weekly schedule and instructions on how to join the class, please visit the group fitness class schedule webpage or download the UREC app by searching urecarkansas (available on iPhone and Andriod).
- At-home workouts: Follow our social media channels @urecarkansas or visit the UREC YouTube channel to access online exercise videos led by a certified group fitness instructors and certified personal trainers.
- Join us on Instagram Live @urecarkansas each week on Wednesday’s at 1:00pm for a short mid-week workout.
- Small Group Training: UREC will be offering small group training classes virtually utilizing Technogym’s Train At Home platform. Participants will meet with coaches twice a week via Zoom for group workouts. In addition, participants will have access to a variety of at home workouts throughout the week. Classes will be held Monday, June 1st - Thursday, July 30th (8 weeks). Register for Session 1 starting May 18, 2020 online here .
- Personal Training: UREC is now offering online personal training. UREC certified personal trainers are here to help you. Meet with your trainer in an online environment, receive workouts, and check in with your trainer to assure you are progressing. Cost, registration details, and more information can be found here.
- The Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics has shared recommendations for getting outside during COVID-19. Just 5-10 minutes of being outside can reduce stress and boost mood. Remember to be courteous to others, research area closures and trail conditions, and follow COVID-19 guidelines when pursuing your outdoor activity.
UREC Outdoors is encouraging local members to escape to the Razorback Greenway for some outside therapy (while adhering to social distancing guidelines). Run, walk, cycle... it’s up to you! Tag @urecarkansas on instagram with a pic of you on the Greenway.
SPORTS INJURY CLINIC TELEHEALTH APPOINTMENTS:
- The UREC Sports Injury Clinic is here to help you get through injuries you might
have sustained before or during COVID-19. UREC’s certified and licensed athletic trainer
is available for telehealth appointments. For more information on how to set up an
appointment, visit the Sports Injury Clinic webpage.
For inclement weather closures at the UREC Sports Complex and/or emergency facility closures, please follow us on social media @urecarkansas
Group Fitness Schedule
Group Fitness classes are designed to provide participants with a fun, motivating and well-rounded fitness experience.
The Wellness Initiative aims to highlight how current campus-wide programming supports all aspects of growth and well-being for individuals.
Sports Injury Clinic
The Sports Injury Clinic offers free injury evaluations, as well as opportunities for injury prevention, emergency care, and rehabilitation.
Take a look at UREC's departmental publication, which covers all program area information.
UREC develops its staff through professional growth, hands-on experience, education, and workmanship. University Recreation employs around 400 student employees in a variety of program areas.
Employment with UREC provides students an opportunity to gain valuable experience working within their area of interest, with the possibility for advancement within the department.View Jobs
University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, AR 72701