Read University Recreation’s COVID-19 plan and FAQ’s
The mission of University Recreation is to empower students for success through recreation and wellness.
Announcements + Closures
IN THE EVENT OF INCLEMENT WEATHER, THE UREC SPORTS COMPLEX (FIELDS AT MITCHELL ST.) MAY CLOSE EARLY OR NOT OPEN. QUESTIONS? PLEASE CALL THE UREC SERVICE CENTER AT 479-575-6382.
-4th of July Hours will be in effect from Saturday, July 3rd - Monday, July 5th
- Summer 2021 hours are currently in effect for all UREC facilities.
- The UREC Sports Injury Clinic will be closed on Friday, June 25th.
- Reservations for summer group fitness classes can be made 24 hours in advance of the class start time. View the schedule on the fitness webpage.
- Register for summer intramural sports through the UREC member portal.
- UREC Outdoors (HPER 102) offers a wide variety of outdoor recreation rental equipment. Currently enrolled students, UREC members, and individuals with a valid UARK ID (including faculty and staff) may check out equipment. UARK faculty and staff may rent equipment without having a current UREC membership. Read more on the equipment rental page.
UREC is taking extra precautions to help keep our members and staff healthy and safe. This includes extensive cleaning protocols and enhanced operating procedures within our facilities.
Reservations are strongly encouraged for group fitness in order to guarantee a spot. UREC members can make a reservation through their member portal by visiting urecmembers.uark.edu. To assist you, we have created a Step-by-step tutorial video on how to make a reservation. Having trouble accessing the portal to make your reservation? For the best user experience,
please use Google Chrome. If you are still having trouble, email Linda at email@example.com.
All UREC members will need to complete a Facility Access waiver prior to entry. This should be completed through the UREC Member Portal prior to coming to the facility, members will not be allowed entry without a completed waiver.
Participants are not required to wear a face covering or maintain social distancing if fully vaccinated and not exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms.
Participants not fully vaccinated must continue to wear a face covering and maintain social distancing.
To learn more about our current operations, please visit our COVID-19 website.
Group Fitness Schedule
Group Fitness classes are designed to provide participants with a fun, motivating and well-rounded fitness experience.
The Wellness Initiative aims to highlight how current campus-wide programming supports all aspects of growth and well-being for individuals.
Sports Injury Clinic
The Sports Injury Clinic offers free injury evaluations, as well as opportunities for injury prevention, emergency care, and rehabilitation.
This has some of our favorite outdoor spaces in Fayetteville and Northwest Arkansas. Visit each location and get a picture of yourself or a landmark of the area, tag @urecarkansas on instagram and use the #UOPassport to win a prize.
UREC develops its staff through professional growth, hands-on experience, education, and workmanship. University Recreation employs around 400 student employees in a variety of program areas.
Employment with UREC provides students an opportunity to gain valuable experience working within their area of interest, with the possibility for advancement within the department.View Jobs
University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, AR 72701