UREC is proud to host nationally accredited certifications in a variety of areas including group fitness and personal training. Special interest classes and programs are also offered periodically throughout the year.
This course is designed to prepare individuals to take the ACE Personal Trainer certification exam. This 8-week course provides curriculum and materials consisting of PowerPoint presentations, lectures, interactive group activities, and practical programming/training. The Prep Course does not certify individuals as personal trainers. Individuals wishing to become certified personal trainers must register separately for an ACE Group Fitness certification exam at www.acefitness.org.
Fall 2018 dates
September 11th - October 30th
- Time: Tuesdays from 4:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. in the HPER 315
- Cost: $200.00 for Students, $250.00 for UREC members
- Registration: UREC Main office or online at the UREC Member Portal beginning August 20th.
- Registration packet: ACE Personal Trainer Prep Course Registration Packet
The Barre Above® certification will teach you everything you need to be a successful barre instructor.
- When: Sunday, Nov 18, 2018 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Where: University of Arkansas - University Recreation
- Cost: Advanced Price $249.99. Register before Oct. 31st for advanced price
- Register TODAY at www.barreabove.com
Come learn how to structure, prepare, and teach an indoor cycle class on UREC's IC7 Matrix bikes. Class is open to those interested in teaching for UREC. There are only 16 spots available, so please make sure to contact Casey ahead of time to register and save a spot!
- When: Friday, Nov. 30th from 3:00-5:00pm (tentative)
- Where: UREC Cycle Studio (1st floor of the HPER)
- Who: University of Arkansas students
- Cost: FREE
- Registration: Email Casey Fant firstname.lastname@example.org