Group Fitness includes strength, cardio, mind/body, group cycle and water fitness classes. These classes are no extra charge to current University of Arkansas students, faculty and staff with UREC memberships.
Students, faculty, and staff wanting to take group fitness classes must register once per year.
All other UREC members must register at the UREC Main Office, HPER 225, or the UREC Fitness Center located in the Arkansas Union each semester (fall, spring, and summer) for $40.00.
This registration allows unlimited attendance to all group fitness, group cycle, mind/body, and water fitness classes for the semester. One-day passes are also available for $3.00.
- Please note that you may register for any group fitness class to reserve your spot. We strongly recommend you register for group fitness classes held after 3:00 p.m. in the Union on Monday through Thursday.
- All participants must fill out a Group Fitness registration form at the class site before participating in any class. Upon completing the form, an ID activation will be issued.
- UA or UREC ID's will be scanned upon entry into classes. Eligible participants are admitted on a first-come, first-served basis. Classes will be closed ten minutes after start time in order to ensure proper warm-up and minimize disruption.
- If a participant comes in to class approximately ten minutes from start of the class, he/she will not be allowed to participate, as they have missed a proper warm-up and injuries can result.
- Class will be cancelled if less than two participants attend.
- Entry into Group Cycle classes will be on first come, first served basis. Participants are encouraged to arrive early to reserve their spot and adjust their bike. However, participants will not be allowed to reserve a bike any earlier than 15 minutes prior to class. Participants may not reserve a bike for other participants.
- Children ages 12 to 15 must have a guardian present to participate in a group fitness class. Children under 12 are not allowed to participate in Group Fitness classes.
- Only non-marking shoes are allowed in classes.
- Only water bottles with lids are allowed in class.
- Classes and instructors are subject to change.
Questions? Contact Casey Fant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 479-575-3542