Group Fitness includes strength, cardio, mind/body, group cycle and water fitness classes. These classes are no extra charge to current University of Arkansas students, faculty and staff with UREC memberships.
All UREC members wanting to take group fitness classes must sign the group fitness waiver online once per year at urecmembers.uark.edu
This registration allows unlimited attendance to all group fitness, group cycle, mind/body, and water fitness classes for the semester.
One-day passes to participate in group fitness classes for non-UREC members are also available for $3.00. Non-UREC members must also purchase a day use UREC guest pass for $10.00
- Please note that you may register for any group fitness class to reserve your spot. We strongly recommend you register for group fitness classes held after 3:00 p.m. in the Union on Monday through Thursday and all group cycle classes.
- All participants must fill out a group fitness waiver online once per year at urecmembers.uark.edu. Upon completing the waiver, an ID activation will be issued.
- UA or UREC ID's will be scanned upon entry into classes. Eligible participants are admitted on a first-come, first-served basis if they have not registered online prior to the class. Classes will be closed ten minutes after start time in order to ensure proper warm-up and minimize disruption.
- If a participant comes in to class approximately ten minutes after the start of the class, he/she will not be allowed to participate, as they have missed a proper warm-up and injuries can result.
- Class will be cancelled if less than two participants attend.
- We strongly recommend you register online for all group cycle classes. To claim your registered spot, arrive no later than 10 minutes prior to class. Participants who are not checked in 10 minutes prior to class time will forfeit their spot and be considered a no-show. Participants that have not registered online will then be admitted in to class on a first come, first serve basis. Participants are encouraged to arrive early to reserve their spot and adjust their bike. However, participants will not be allowed to reserve a bike any earlier than 15 minutes prior to class. Participants may not reserve a bike for other participants.
- Children ages 12 to 17 must have a guardian present to participate in a group fitness class. Children under 12 are not allowed to participate in Group Fitness classes.
- Only non-marking shoes are allowed in classes.
- Only water bottles with lids are allowed in class.
- Classes and instructors are subject to change.
Questions? Contact Casey Fant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 479-575-3542