Emotional Wellness is the process of understanding oneself and adequately managing the challenges life brings. This dimension includes being able to accurately label personal feelings, while also expressing them openly, honestly, and directly.
Why Emotional Wellness is Important?
Examples of Emotional Wellness:
- Accept that emotions occur and allow them to be felt
- Develop coping skills for anxiety, stress, depression, etc.
- Embrace a positive outlook
- Emphasize the qualities of resilience, assertiveness and thriving
- Know when to ask for help
- Participate in mindful meditation
- Utilize mental health resources
- View challenges as opportunities
Emotional Wellness Campus Resources: