Wellness Certificate Program
The Employee Development Program (EDP) offers a Wellness Certificate Program designed to develop and recognize a commitment to overall health and well-being. This program consists of a combination of training and/or self-study, as well as community service, across the 8 dimensions of wellness identified by UARK Wellness of University Recreation in partnership with Human Resources.
- All program participants applying for a wellness certificate, at the time of application, will provide a written personal impact statement describing his or her plan to make wellness and well-being a priority both for themselves individually, but also within their area on campus.
- There is no time limit for earning the wellness certificate, and participants are encouraged to work at their own pace.
- Complete a minimum of 20 points of training, self-study, and/or community service
- Complete the required 4-week Wellness You Program, offered by UARK Wellness for 4 points. This program will be offered once per semester, in the fall and spring. You will be able to sign up for this program through the Employee Development Program (EDP) Calendar.
- At least 2 points within each of the 8 dimensions of wellness.
- Group exercise class [1 pt]
- Wellness visit w/PCP [1 pt]
- Community recreation team [1 pt]
- Commit to Well [1 pt per section]
- Fitober [1 pt]
- Intramurals [1 pt each]
- UMR Real Appeal [1 pt]
- Mindfulness in the workplace [1 pt]
- Wellness Coaching session (min of 3 sessions) [1 pt]
- Journal of thoughts and concerns for one month [1 pt]
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) [1 pt]
- SKY Meditation Course [3 pts]
- Religious Study i.e., bible study [1 pt]
- Spiritual retreat [1 pt]
- Mindfulness class i.e., meditation [1 pt]
- Financial planning - HR [1 pt]
- Debt counseling - CCOA [1 pt]
- Proof of attendance at professional conference [1 pt]
- Diversity & Inclusion training - HR [3 pts]
- Proof of publication [1 pt]
- Webinar [1 pt]
- UREC outdoors event [1 pt]
- Earth Day activity - on or off campus [1 pt]
- Volunteering to pick up trash [1 pt]
- Plant a garden [1 pt]
- Walk or ride to work [1 pt]
- HR health and benefits fair [1 pt]
- Work-related conference [1 pt]
- Work-related continued education (CEUs) [1 pt]
- Special event on campus [1 pt]
- Community recreation team [1 pt]
- Sporting event [1 pt]
- Community service [1 pt]
- Attend a Theatre Event or Play [1 pt]
- Attend an Event at The Multi-Cultural Center [1 pt]
To apply, complete this Sign Up Form.
- Upon completion, all program participants will submit a Wellness Portfolio. This should include documentation of all program requirements listed below:
- A written summary of what was learned, as well as justification for the topics covered for any self-study or generalized wellness training.
- A Personal Impact Statement.
- Personal Impact Statements will specify participant behaviors and actions, a timetable, and the desired result of impact related to wellness and cultivating a community of wellness and well-being on campus.
- Participants have a great deal of freedom in creating and presenting their wellness portfolios, beyond the specific requirements listed.
Submit your Wellness Portfolio here
Participants who complete the 20 points of training, self-study, and/or community service and/or engagement will receive:
- A UARK Wellness lapel pin;
- A certificate of completion; and
- A letter to the recipient’s supervisor or department head
For more information contact UARK Wellness, University Recreation, at email@example.com .