UREC Outdoors Bouldering Wall (HPER 102)
The bouldering wall is located in UREC Outdoors, HPER 102 and is free for individuals with a valid UA student ID, UREC members, or those with a valid guest pass. This wall, custom built by Eldorado Climbing Walls in the Fall of 2013, boasts a 35' traverse and overhangs up to 37 degrees.
Shoes are provided at no additional charge. Participants are encouraged to bring their own chalk. All equipment is for use on the bouldering wall only. Climbers are welcome to use their personal chalk bag and climbing shoes.
Students and UREC members are strongly encouraged to reserve a bouldering wall space through the UREC Member Portal in order to guarantee your spot! Reservations may be made up to one week in advance and will be accepted up to one minute before the reservation period begins. Reservations will be voided 10 minutes after the reservation period begins in the event of a no-show. Walk-in patrons will be allowed to boulder if a reservation spot is open.
Bouldering wall reservations will be available in 60-minute intervals Sunday-Friday from during UREC Outdoors normal hours of operation. Reservations are limited to three patrons per hour. Climbers will be required to check-in at the bouldering wall using the UREC app barcode or by presenting their UARK identification card.
Important Information before making your bouldering wall reservation:
- Bouldering will be restricted to two active climbers at any one time. Specifically, only two climbers will be allowed on the bouldering wall and/or flooring system at any one time.
- While bouldering, climbers will be required to maintain 12 feet of physical distance.
- Climbers are required to use hand sanitizer before and after climbing.
- Climbers are required to wear a face covering while bouldering.
- Climbers are permitted to use chalk.
- Bouldering wall staff will clean and disinfect equipment after each use.
|UREC Outdoors Rental Center, Bouldering Wall, & Bike Shop
|Monday||10:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday - Thursday||12:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.|
|Friday||10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.|
- Participation in all activities in the HPER Building, at the UREC Sports Complex, or any program sponsored by the Division of Student Affairs or UREC Department, regardless of location, is voluntary on behalf of all participants. All participants acknowledge and agree that the University of Arkansas does not provide insurance for any of its activities and shall not be liable for any injuries that occur at any of these locations or any of its programs.
- Wall can only be utilized during operational hours and while staff are present.
- Participants must sign a waiver and be at least 16 years of age.
- Participants 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times, and have a parent or legal guardian sign the climbing wall waiver.
- Participants must swipe-in at the registration desk before using the wall and present proper identification.
- The UREC staff reserves the right to ask participants to leave the facility at any time for unsafe or inappropriate behavior.
- Participants are strongly encouraged to utilize a spotter.
- Hands and feet are not allowed on any part of the ceiling, display areas or outdoor equipment.
- Horse play is not allowed.
- Shirt and shoes are required; sandals or boots are not allowed on the wall
For additional information on the Climbing program, contact UREC Outdoors at 479-575-CAMP or firstname.lastname@example.org