Fitness assessments outline an individual's current fitness level and serve as the precursor to setting goals and starting a new exercise program.
Physiological testing is also done to determine baseline measurements, identify areas for improvement, assess progression, and educate the client. Available assessments include:
- Circumference measurements
- Height and weight
- Resting heart rate
- Estimated body fat
- Target heart rate
- Three-minute step test
- Squat assessment
- Plank test
- Push-up test
- Resting blood pressure
Body Composition Screening
Come learn about your muscle-to-body fat ratio and how to evaluate your current calories burned on UREC’s InBody Composition Analyzer.
UREC is proud to offer the following software to perform fitness assessments:
- InBody Composition Analyzer: Provides a current body composition screening measuring the muscle-to-body fat ratio and evaluating your current calories burned at rest.
Registering for the Screening
- Register online with the UREC Member Portal OR come in to the UREC Main Office, HPER 225
- Online registration under 'Personal Training Packages'
- Fill out the InBody Request Form and send to Jordan Stroope at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Screenings currently performed by appointment only.
- Cost: $10 Students, $15 UREC members
What to do on the day of your assessment:
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing
- Drink plenty of fluids over the 24-hour preceding the assessment to ensure normal hydration
- Avoid exercise or strenuous physical activity the day of the assessment
- Avoid food, tobacco, alcohol, and caffeine for at least three hours prior to the assessment
Free Body Composition Screening Monday's
In addition to offering for-sale screenings, UREC offers free body composition screenings on the first Monday of each month in the Fall/Spring semesters. Free screenings only provide body fat % data. No registration is required; simply walk up to the UREC Train Studio located on the first floor of the HPER. These screenings are offered from 8-10a and 3-5p on the following dates:
2/6/23 - 3/6/23 - 4/3/23 - 5/1/23
Additional Options for Fitness Assessments
Personal Training Starter Package: 1 Fitness Assessment + 1 Personal Training Session
Join one of our nationally certified UREC personal trainers as they take you through a full fitness assessment and provide you with an additional training session. Even if you are not looking for regular personal training, this can be an excellent way to establish your baseline.
Student members $56, UREC members $64
Register online with the UREC Member Portal OR come in to the UREC Main Office, HPER 225
Additional questions? Contact Jordan Stroope at email@example.com