New Employee Information
We are excited you are joining University Recreation as a new staff member. The following New Employee Onboarding requirements must be completed within 40 days of hire.
UREC Employee Orientation
UREC student employees are responsible for registering themselves online at https://urecmembers.uark.edu/. Log on using your UARK user name and password. Select 'Programs' then select "All UREC Programs" under Classification and "UREC Employees" under Category. Finally, click on 'UREC New Employee Orientation' to register for a class.
You may also register at the UREC Main Office in HPER 225, or by calling 479-575-4646. Participants who need to cancel their registration are asked to do so as soon as they are aware of a conflict, so that the space is available for others to register.
UREC student-employees who fail to show up to a class for which they are registered will be subject to the UREC student employee discipline policy guidelines.
If you have questions regarding New Employee Orientation, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Employee First Aid/AED/CPR Classes
University Recreation provides employees a free class for First Aid, CPR, and AED certifications. If you do not have a certification, or yours is about to expire, UREC provides classes specifically for employees throughout the semester.
Upload your certification on Blackboard.
- Log into Blackboard and select University Recreation under the Organizations tab.
- Select "UREC New Employee Onboarding".
- Scroll and select "CPR Certification", and UPLOAD your current certification.
UREC student employees are responsible for registering themselves online at https://urecmembers.uark.edu/.
Due to the courses being Blended Learning, registration closes ONE WEEK before the class date. This will allow ample time to complete the required online portion.
You can also stop by the UREC Main Office in HPER 225 or register over the phone by calling 479-575-4646. Please specify that you are a UREC employee when you register.
If you have questions regarding your CPR certifications, contact Emily Howland at email@example.com
Additional Employment Requirements
All University Recreation employees must complete the following modules within 40 days of hire. These courses fulfill University of Arkansas and University Recreation requirements.
All of the following trainings can be accessed, completed, and turned-in through Blackboard. Log into Blackboard and select University Recreation under the Organizations tab. Then select "UREC New Employee Onboarding" to review and complete the following:
Under the "New Employee Quiz" tab on Blackboard review the following content:
- UREC Employee Manual
- Additional Topics Slides
After reviewing both, complete the New Employee Quiz.
Under the "GHS for Hazard Communications Training" tab on Blackboard review the following content:
- GHS for Hazard Communications Content
After reviewing, complete the GHS for Hazard Communications Quiz.
Under the "Mandated Reporter - Protection of Minors on Campus" tab on Blackboard complete the following steps:
- Review the Protection of Minors on Campus: 217.1 Policy
- Sign the 217.1 Policy Acknowledgement form and UPLOAD onto Blackboard.
- Complete the Mandated Reporter Training and UPLOAD completion certification onto Blackboard.
Under the "Environmental Health & Safety Required Training" tab on Blackboard complete the following steps:
- Complete the Fire Extinguisher Training and UPLOAD completion certification onto Blackboard.
Under the "Office of Equal Opportunity and Compliance Trainings" tab on Blackboard complete the following trainings:
- Title IX including Clery Act for Employees Training
- Discriminatory Harassement Title VII for Employees Training
- ADA for Employees Training
This is required only of positions that may process credit cards: Fitness Center Attendants working at the UREC Fitness Center in the Union, Office Assistants, Service Center Attendants, and UREC Outdoors employees.
- Log in to Blackboard at https://learn.uark.edu using your UARK credentials, Go to Organizations, enroll in Credit Card Operations (to do this you will go to the “Organization Catalog” and click on Financial Affairs, hover over the down arrow behind AVCF.CCO and click enroll. Once the enrollment form pops up press submit then okay.
- You must complete the Employee Agreement 2020 and DSB 2020 Test at the end of the training module.
- Screenshot proof of completion and send to URECHR@uark.edu
All Staff Training
University Recreation holds All Staff Training at the start of the Fall semester. Topics covered in training vary from year to year, but focus on personal and professional development, introducing new policies or procedures, and an updates on what to expect from University Recreation for the upcoming year.
When to Work (Login required)
Sharepoint (Login required)