When is ARAP?
ARAP 2018 will take place April 20-22, 2018 at Horseshoe Canyon Ranch in Jasper, Arkansas.
About the Conference
The Arkansas Regional Adventure Programming conference is a student-oriented programming
individuals who want to connect with other outdoor education enthusiasts.
Conference attendees from the state of Arkansas can share ideas and practices while
attendees from neighboring states
can learn about what Arkansas has to offer.
Whether you are a part of a seasoned outdoor program or
thinking about starting a program, the Arkansas Regional Adventure Programming Conference is for you.
Description of the Area
Horseshoe Canyon Ranch has over 300 bolted climbing routes and over 130 bouldering problems.
The Buffalo National River is one of the few free-flowing rivers in the United States.
The Buffalo River is
135 miles in length and winds through massive limestone bluffs and historical sites that have created
Send an email to Mike Hoover with the following information:
- First and Last Name*
- Phone Number*
- Date of Birth
- Emergency contact name & phone number
- T-Shirt Size (final size runs were submitted for 100 t-shirts on March 23; first come-first serve)
* Name, Phone, Email required for every individual in your group if you are registering multiple people
Once we receive your information, we will send you registration instructions that
allow you to register and pay online. We will also send you a registration packet
with all the details of the conference. Have questions? Feel free to contact Mike
Hoover at email@example.com, or give us a call at 479-575-6865.
Early bird registration (by 5PM March 30): Professional - $75.00; Student - $60.00
Normal registration (after 5PM March 30): Professional - $90.00; Student - $75.00
Online registration closes at TBD 2018
Day-of registration will be available
March 24 - Full refund deadline
March 25 - April 14 - Refund available w/ $30 fee
No Refunds after April 14 at 5:00 pm
Typical Registration Includes:
- Friday night: Social, band, dinner
- Saturday: Breakfast, sessions, film showing
- Camping & climbing fees for the weekend
- Conference T-shirt
**T-Shirt sizing is not guaranteed for those who register after March 23.
- Pre/Post conference sessions (if applicable)
- Lunch Saturday, Breakfast Sunday
- Food for Dutch Oven cook-off (you should bring one entree or dessert, enough to feed your group and some extra, it will be served pot-luck style)
- Early bird registration (by 5PM March 30): Professional - $75.00; Student - $60.00
- Normal registration (after 5PM March 30): Professional - $90.00; Student - $75.00
Online registration TBD 2018
Day-of registration will be available
- Pre-Conference Workshops: 2018 workshops TBD
- Conference Welcome and dinner
- Keynote speaker, social, and music
- Yoga or Trail Run
- AR Programming Roundtable
- Presentations and workshops
- Lunch social (we'll have the grill ready!)
- Dutch oven Cook-off and dinner
- Film showings
- Prize Raffle
- Post Conference Workshops
The 2018 ARAP films will be announced soon!
A registration waiver will be awarded to a select few students that have shown a commitment to outdoor education and recreation. The Student Registration Waiver covers the registration cost of the Arkansas Regional Adventure Programming Conference.
Applications must be submitted by TBD
See form below for submission process.
Leave No Trace Opportunities will be announced for 2018 soon!
Apply Here for a spot in our pre-conference LNT Trainer course! Limited spots available. Acceptance based on application.
The Arkansas Regional Adventure Programming Conference will be centered around student and professional presentations. If you have a special skill to share, a unique programming idea, or an opinion to share, please propose a presentation. Presentations will consist of a combination of skill based workshops and traditional informational sessions.
If you have a topic you would like to present, Click here for Presentation Proposal Form
Submissions due by TBD
Registration is free and can be done at the time of conference registration or at
the registration table at the conference site if there are still spots available.
Apply Here for a spot in our pre-conference LNT Trainer course. Limited spots available. Acceptance based on application. Applications due TBD
Outdoor boulder competition: Details will be available during the conference. BYOBP (bring your own boulder pad)
The Arkansas Regional Adventure Programming Conference relies on local and national sponsors to create the educational and networking opportunities for the students who attend. If you are interested in sponsoring the conference, please complete the attached sponsorship packet and email to Kenny Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Arkansas Regional Adventure Programming Conference could never be successful without the help of our amazing volunteers! Interested in volunteering at ARAP? Help give back to the conference by donating a small portion of your time over the weekend. Ways to give back include:
- Working the registration booth (a great way to network and meet new people!)
- Introducing presenters
- Set up/tear down of equipment
- Trash cleanup
- Technology setup - i.e. computers, projectors, screens etc.
If you are interested in volunteering please send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- phone number
All volunteers are asked to attend a short 10-minute volunteer meeting immediately following the conference welcome and dinner.
We would like to give huge thanks to our sponsors for making this event possible.