Intramural Sports are designed to provide opportunities for students, faculty, and staff to participate in recreational activities in a fun, competitive, and safe environment.
Participation in intramural activities will afford the following opportunities:
- Provide enjoyable recreational experiences for the university community.
- Develop habits of participation that will carry over into everyday life.
- Promote wholesome social relationships and sportsmanship through group and individual activities.
- Provide an opportunity for the development of a healthy body and mind.
- Promote the University of Arkansas through organized recreational activities.
The Intramural Sports Program utilizes a number of facilities both on and off campus throughout the academic school year.
Health, Physical Education, and Recreation Building
The 225,000 square-foot facility was built in 1984 and is the largest in the area. The facility houses ten racquetball courts, four basketball gyms, an indoor track, an olympic size pool, climbing wall, fitness center,men's and women's saunas, and much more for the university community. Located at the intersection of Stadium Drive and Meadow Street, the facility hosts various intramural activities including: basketball, racquetball, wallyball, table tennis, dodgeball, volleyball, and much more.
University Recreation Sports Complex
1486 Mitchell Street
Fayetteville, AR 72701
The nine acre sports complex is utilized by the Intramural Sports Program for most outdoor activities. The intramural section of the complex includes multipurpose fields and two sand volleyball courts. The multipurpose fields can be converted into four playing fields for flag football, soccer, and ultimate frisbee or two softball fields. Located at the intersection of Razorback Road and Mitchell Street, the complex hosts various intramural activities including: sand volleyball, flag football, soccer, kickball, softball, ultimate frisbee, and much more.
The Intramural Sports Staff is here to serve you and to do everything possible to make sure that your experience is a positive one. We're constantly working to improve the program and the information provided to current and future participants. Below is the list of our current staff members:
- Jonathan Elliott, Assistant Director of Club & Intramural Sports
- Laura Shively, Coordinator of Club & Intramural Sports
- Shandon Sutherland, Graduate Assistant for Club & Intramural Sports
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions, comments or concerns.