UREC Sports Complex Renovation Project
UREC Sports Complex
At 1486 Mitchell Street
University Recreation has made substantial renovations to the UREC Sports Complex at 1486 Mitchell Street to improve our existing outdoor collegiate recreation facilities. Now open to club and intramural sports programming, the UREC Sports Complex offers one competition and practice club sports surface as well as four intramural playing surfaces for heightened programming capabilities.
These renovations include the installation of new lighting and artificial playing turf, which will provide greater flexibility for the Club Sports and Intramural Sports programs when scheduling games and practices. Additionally, the introduction of Informal Recreation and Fitness Programs to these outdoor spaces will greatly expand the scope of UREC's programming capabilities.
FIELDS BUILT FOR YOU
COMPETE IN INTRAMURAL GAMES
- Play in competitive, recreational leagues and tournaments which include soccer, flag football, sand volleyball and more. Sign up for intramural sports by visiting the UREC Membership Portal.
JOIN A CLUB SPORT
- Many club sports and teams use the UREC Sports Complex to compete and practice. Interested in joining? Visit the UREC Club Sports website to see a list of active clubs, as well as find contact information.
INFORMAL RECREATION HOURS
- Check out sports equipment and play pick-up games of ultimate frisbee, touch football and more with friends during the UREC Sports Complex informal recreation hours.
- Opportunities for open recreation Fall 2017:
|Friday, Oct. 27||1 p.m. - 9 p.m|
|Saturday, Oct. 28||9 a.m. - 9 p.m.|
|Thursday, Nov. 2||3 p.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Sunday, Nov. 5||1 p.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Monday, Nov. 6||3 p.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Tuesday, Nov. 7||3 p.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Wednesday, Nov. 8||3 p.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Thursday, Nov. 9||3 p.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Friday, Nov. 10||1 p.m. - 9 p.m.|
|Saturday, Nov. 11||9 a.m. - 9 p.m.|
|Sunday, Nov. 12||1 p.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Monday, Nov. 13||3 p.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Tuesday, Nov. 14||3 p.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Wednesday, Nov. 15||3 p.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Thursday, Nov. 16||3 p.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Friday, Dec. 1||1 p.m. - 9 p.m.|
|Saturday, Dec. 2||9 a.m. - 9 p.m.|
|Sunday, Dec. 3||1 p.m. - 5 p.m.|
RESERVE THE FIELDS FOR UNIQUE SPORTING EVENTS AND PRIVATE TRAINING SESSIONS
- Coming Spring 2018
- Want to reserve field for your own sporting events? Be on the lookout for information regarding sports fields reservations and coordinate your own events. Reserve the athletic fields using this helpful reservation form.
ATTEND FACILITATED FITNESS COURSES AND TRAINING SESSIONS
- Coming Spring 2018
- Attend Group Fitness courses and Small Group Training sessions in an outdoor setting.
SPORTS COMPLEX RULES
The sports complex is a facility that supports University Recreation intramural sports, club sports, and informal recreation programming. Enjoy the facility by participating safely, interacting with others, and adhering to posted and verbal requests from the staff.
In order to maintain the integrity of the facility and the safety of others, UREC asks that users do not bring the following into the facility:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Glass containers
- Tobacco products
- Unauthorized narcotics
- Metal cleats
Food, sunflower seeds, and gum are not allowed on artificial playing areas. Food must be kept in the pavilion.
Participants engaging in recreational activity on the sports fields must wear athletic footwear.
Equipment may not be moved without permission of UREC staff.
UREC staff members exercise the right to remove any patron from the facility due to behavior that violates the conduct explicitly stated in the rules.
RamTurf Drainage System
The ATG RamTurf playing surface technology will allow for dry playing conditions year round with its built-in drainage system. With a complex drainage system such as this, the turf will allow for greater flexibility in scheduling programming.
Musco TLC for LED Lighting Fixtures
Featuring less light spill and higher foot-candle output than the standard metal halide fixtures, the TLC for LED system will offer energy savings year as well as a brighter playing surface for patrons.
The UREC Sports Complex is located at the corner of Mitchell Street and Razorback
Road, just south of the Billingsley Tennis Center.