TEAMS AND PLAYERS
- A team shall consist of 8 players. A minimum of 6 is needed to start a game.
- The roster limit will be 16 players.
- All students, faculty or staff can participate provided they meet the eligibility requirements outlined in the Intramural Sports Handbook. All participants must present their valid U of A ID.
- Game time is forfeit time.
- Games are 7 innings or 40 minutes, which ever comes first.
- A half inning will consist of 3 outs.
- A coin toss will determine Home/Visitor.
- There will be no officials, kickball will be self-officiated on the honor system However, there will be a scorekeeper to keep track of the score and time.
- Teams must submit a lineup to the scorekeeper.
- 8 people are required to play in the field, but teams can have an extra batter in their lineup.
- The defensive team can set up their defense however they choose.
- The ball is put into play when the pitcher (a player on the defensive team) rolls the ball toward home plate and the batter attempts to kick the ball. The batter must wait for the ball to reach home plate before kicking the ball. If the batter does not like the pitch, he/she should not attempt to kick the ball, and another pitch will be thrown. There are no strikeouts or walks. A batter only gets one attempt to kick the ball. A missed attempt or a foul ball is an out.
- The batter is out in similar situations as softball (force outs, pop outs, ect.). In addition, a runner is out when he/she is hit by a thrown ball in the shoulders or below.
- A player who is NOT in a regular standing/running position and gets hit in the face/head will be ruled out. (example: bending down to avoid getting hit or the runner falling down)
- A runner who leaves the base before the pitch reaches home plate will be an automatic out and a dead ball.
- Bunting is not allowed and will be a dead ball and an automatic out.
- There is no infield fly rule.
- Mercy Rule: If a team is up by 20 runs after 3 innings, 15 runs after 4 innings, or 10 runs after 5 innings, the game is over.
- No metal, removable, or hard cleats are allowed. Only molded rubber or soccer style cleat shoes are allowed. Tennis shoes may be worn. No player may play barefoot.
- Team will consist of 8 players
- Combinations for male to female ratio: 4 males and 4 females, 5 females and 3 males. If a team only has 7 players, the combination for the male to female ratio is 4 males and 3 females, 4 females and 3 males, or 5 females and 2 males. If a team only has 6 players, the combination for the male to female ratio is 3 males and 3 females, or 4 females and 2 males.
- Teams will not be assessed automatic outs when the missing player(s) turn comes up in the lineup.
- The kicking order must alternate gender
- If teams choose to use an extra batter, they must have both a male and female.
Page last updated: Thursday, February 28, 2013