Rules for University Recreation Fitness Centers
- All participants must be a U of A student, UREC member, or guest of a member.
- Children ages 12-15 must be accompanied at all times. Children under 12 are not allowed in the fitness center.
- No food in fitness center. Water must be in closed containers.
- Gum is prohibited.
- Non-athletic apparel, including jeans, sandals, or street shoes, are prohibited. Shirts must be worn at all times.
- No altered shirts are allowed in the Fitness Center.
- Leave equipment clean and organized, and refrain from banging weights.
- Lock collars must be used at all times. Plates must be replaced after use.
- No sitting, stretching, or propping up against the handrails.
- No personal belongings are allowed and should stored in a locker prior to entering the Fitness Center.
- UREC is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Allow others to work in between sets on weight machines. No foul language.
- Time limit on the cardio machines is 30 minutes. First-come, first-served.
- Chalk is not allowed in the fitness center.
- The Fitness Center staff have the authority to enforce all rules; violators will be asked to abide by the rules or leave the facility.
Participation in all activities in the UREC Facilities, at the University Recreation Sports Complex, or any program sponsored by the College of Education and Health Professions or UREC Department, regardless of location, is voluntary on behalf of all participants. All participants acknowledge and agree that the University of Arkansas does not provide insurance for any of its activities and shall not be liable for any injuries that occur at any of these locations or any of its programs.