Spring 2014 Group Fitness Schedule will be held Jan. 13-May 1
No classes will be held during Spring Break, March 22-30.
A modified Group Fitness Schedule will be held during Finals Week, May 5-9.
Online Class Reservation Procedures
HOT CLASS LIST (requires online reservation): http://urecmembers.uark.edu
Spring 2014 Semester: Online reservation required to participate in classes held on Monday-Thursday after 3:00pm in the UREC Fitness Center(Union).
Group Fitness includes Strength, Cardio, Mind/Body, Group Cycle and Water Fitness classes. These classes are no extra charge to current University of Arkansas students, faculty and staff with UREC memberships. Students, faculty, and staff wanting to take Group Fitness classes must register once per year. All other UREC members must register at the UREC Main Office in HPER 225 or the UREC Fitness Center located in the Arkanas Union each semester (Fall, Spring, and Summer) for $40.00. This registration allows unlimited attendance to all Group Fitness, Group Cycle, Mind/Body, and Water Fitness classes for the semester. One-day passes are also available for $3.00.
- ALL participants must fill out a Group Fitness registration form at the UREC office (HPER 225) or at the class site before participating in any class. Upon completing the form, an ID activation will be issued.
- UA or UREC ID's will be scanned upon entry into classes. Eligible participants are admitted on a first-come, first-served basis. Classes will be closed ten minutes after start time in order to ensure proper warm-up and minimize disruption.
- Entry into Group Cycle classes will be on first come, first served basis. However, no participant will be allowed to claim a bike more than 15 minutes prior to the beginning of class.
- Children ages 12 to 15 must have a guardian present to participate in a Group Fitness class. Children under 12 are not allowed to participate in Group Fitness classes.
- If a participant comes in to class approximately 10 minutes from start of the class, he/she will not be allowed to participate, as they have missed a proper warm-up and injuries can result.
- Class will be cancelled if less than two participants attend.
- Only non-marking shoes are allowed in classes.
- Only water bottles with lids are allowed in class.
- Classes and instructors are subject to change.
- Questions? Contact Casey Fant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 479-575-3542.
UA Fac/Staff FIT
UREC encourages U of A faculty/staff to become more active by offering a weekly fitness class just for faculty/staff. Classes will take place at the UREC Fitness Center in the Arkansas Union on Tuesdays from 11:30am – 12:15pm during the Fall 2013 semester. The class format will vary from week to week and will include Zumba, Yoga, TurboKick, RIPPED, PiYo, INSANITY and Triple Fit. A UREC membership is NOT required to participate! Simply bring your U of A ID, a towel, water bottle, comfortable exercise apparel, and non-marking shoes. Free locker storage for valuables is provided.
Jan. 14 – Yoga
Jan. 21 – Zumba
Jan. 28 – Pilates Fusion
Feb 4 – Yoga
Feb. 11 – Zumba
Feb. 18 – BOSU Conditioning
Feb. 25 – Pilates Fusion
March 4 – Yoga
March 11 – Zumba
March 18 – Body Sculpt
April 1 – Yoga
April 8 – Zumba
April 15 – BOSU Conditioning
April 22 – Pilates Fusion
April 29 – Body Sculpt
May 6 - Yoga
(Please note: Schedule is subject to change)